Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I've been a bad blogger...

Sorry to keep you in the dark so long. Here's what's up.

Last week we started rehearsals at The Atlanta Opera for Romeo et Juliette. Everyone in the cast has great energy and has been lovely to work with. Our Juliette had to cancel days before reharsals began due to health and we managed to find a stunning replacement in Lyubov Petrova. She was already engaged in Atlanta to sing two concerts with the Symphony, so we lucked out that we could get her here for our second day of rehearsal to learn the staging. Romeo is Fernando de la Mora and he is great as well - probably the best you could get or want. The fight choreography has been completed and looks fantastic (choreographer David Coyle). I had a cold Monday that kept me home, so I haven't seen all the staging, but we should be done with everything Thursday and begin reviewing Friday, run-thrus Saturday through Tuesday and then after a day off we will move into the Civic Center Theatre for rehearsal Thursday - a week from today.

The great news is that my mom is coming to see the show. It will be the first show of mine that she will see since highschool. I plan to take her to the gigantic Atlanta Aquarium to see the whale sharks and everything else. I can't wait to see her and show her Atlanta.

I'll be back in LA 3 weeks from last night... the day before Valentine's day for all you keeping track.

No comments: